Recycling products and properly disposing of goods and products has always been a top priority of our business. Much of the recycling and disposal we do is required by law but other Eco-friendly measures have been implemented because we value the environment and realize every individual, family, and business must do their part.
Eco-Friendly measures we have had in place since the establishment of our business in 1987:
- Oil, antifreeze, brake fluid and other fluids
- Oil filters
- Old cars
- Red utility rags used by technicians
- Ink cartridges
- Metals of all types
- Catalytic converters
During the last two years we have increased our Going Green efforts:
- Switched to high performance bulk fluids and reduced waste of individual containers
- Reduced office and shop waste by implementing a program to recycle paper, cardboard, styrofoam, plastic, glass, and aluminum, etc. We use a dumpster that allows us to recycle many items that we cannot recycle at our homes. Previously we set out 10 large green containers per week, now we only have 3 per week and the rest is recycled. We estimate a 70% reduction in waste.
- Upgraded our shuttle van from a 1999 Toyota Sienna van to a 2013 Toyota Highlander Hybrid. This ensures a significant reduction in gas usage (van averages 18 mpg, whereas a hybrid averages 28 mpg - in town) and significantly reduces harmful emissions and air pollution.
- Purchased two Hybrid Toyota Priuses for our customer loaner cars, replacing our older Lexus and Mercedes loaner vehicles to reduce fuel usage.
- Worked in conjunction with our energy provider, Duke Energy, to replace old less efficient fluorescent lighting with LED lights.